From Steve Biegner (Class of 1989):
September 3rd, I’ll be riding 100 miles to raise funds and awareness for the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC for short). Our yearly rides around WNY that stop at schools and do programs have been paused due to COVID, so this will be a smaller one and in honor of a missing child of an Amherst Central High School alumni (Kim Kadzik) and granddaughter of a past Amherst teacher (Mr. Kadzik).
My Amherst Central High School (NY) Class of 1989 classmate Kimberly Kadzik West’s daughter Sydney has been missing from the San Francisco area since September 30, 2020. They are linked in with NCMEC now and everyone is searching to bring her home. You can see more about Syd’s story at www.findsydneywest.com.
Obviously, this is an incredibly difficult time for the West family and we want to rally around them from Kim’s hometown and school to show our love and support. So here’s what you can do to help:
1. Without our programs in schools this year, make sure you talk to your kids at home about staying safe and not traveling alone. Summer can be an especially dangerous time as there is less programmed time in the kids schedule. Please have these conversations! There are resources at missingkids.org to help you.
2. Sponsor this effort financially. Syd’s family is being supported by NCMEC’s program Team HOPE and of course the search and education efforts. You can sponsor our ride’s efforts by going to the link at: https://events.missingkids.org/new-york/donations/steve-biegners-page/
3. I will not be riding alone! Several other past NCMEC 100-mile riders will be joining me. We will be designing four 25-loops leaving from my home in Clarence Center. If you’d like to join us for all or part of the ride, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We now have the full support of Erie County Sheriff and Northstar Bike shop, so we’d love to have as many riders in the Peloton as possible. We will start at 7am and be aiming for 14-15mph as we ride. Our fourth leg will be bike path oriented and we welcome ALL riders of any level/speed. To jump on the team, please register at: https://events.missingkids.org/new-york/donations/find-sydney-west/. You can also be part of the team from wherever you are and ride your miles in your home town or vacation spot.
4. Please keep Kim and her family in your prayers during this difficult time. If you know someone in the San Fran area, please share Syd’s info with them.
5. Please share this information/post as much as you can to raise awareness!
Together, we will work to bring Syd home!!
Can anyone help us rally around Kimberly Kadzik West and her family? Contact me for questions or details. My cell is 716-868-1232
Thank you in advance for your support and donations,