Dear Amherst Alumni,
As an alumni of Amherst Central School District, you are aware of what a great education you received. I am sure you can still recall some great friends, outstanding teachers and amazing opportunities in arts, sports, music and more.
If you are a resident of the ACSD you’ve already committed to providing your children, and perhaps your grandchildren, with the same quality education you had. In order to maintain this excellent education, we would like you to consider a “YES” vote to the 2010-2021 budget, and to cast your vote to elect two new Board members.
The 2020-2021 budget highlights:
- All programs, athletics and extra curriculars remain.
- Budget supports the whole child
- The proposed levy is tax cap compliant
- The projected tax rate increase is 1.7%
- A passed budget allows continued community usage of our buildings and facilities
The challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic have created uncertainties of future state funding. Now, more than ever, the Amherst School District needs the support of it’s alumni and community.
In order to make an informed decision, the following information is available in one central location on the Amherst Central Schools website:
- May 2020 Budget Newsletter
- 2020-2021 Budget Book
- A series of Three Year Budget Forecast Presentations
Votes are due by June 9th. Thank you for your time.
Marilyn Rohl ’70 & Nicole Hannotte Phillips ’77
Amherst Central Alumni Foundation, Inc.